Monday, September 21, 2020

 COVID IN KENTUCKY....PART II

After tax season ended in April of 2019, I gracefully had to make my transition out of H and R Block.  I continued working at the non profit job I had as an on-call parent aide. I worked there less than 25 hours a week, sometimes less than 10!! This part time job at Lonesome Pine on Youth was all that I could find in my area job wise. Very limited job opportunities in this Southwest VA area!! But, sometimes, when you are taking a leap of faith, you have to just trust the process. I went on numerous interviews in 2019. There was lots and lots of rejection. It wasn't a diss against me. Even though that area of Virginia did have some racism at times when it came to getting hired, I knew at some point God was going to lift me out of that area into one where there were more opportunities for people of color!! 

And that is exactly what happened! I worked my part time job on and of until November of 2019. I briefly got hired to work at another call center for less than 30 days. That was entirely too stressful so my time there was short. My cousin Monica was gracious enough to let me stay with her until I found work. I moved to Kentucky in February 7, 2020 and the Coronavirus swept through the United States around March. Schools and churches were closed. Working from home became the new office and Zoom became the new job interview. I had 3 Zoom interviews from March to April and the other 5 were in person interviews. It was extremely difficult going on interview after interview and being told no. 

I began writing blog posts and writing grants for Castar Applications in January of 2020.This would end up being a full time position where I would blog about how Castar was the entertainment app needed for entertainers to network in Hollywood, as well as find and write grants for the company. I have also talked about diversity and inclusion in the entertainment industry for the Castar blog.

Since Covid began, I have discovered an all new level of perseverance and true grit in myself. Although businesses are slowly opening back up again, during the mandatory shut down, I learned how to be very resourceful. I learned the true definition of being grateful in the small. My hope is that the Coronavirus has made people look at life from a different lens. 







No comments:

Post a Comment