Monday, November 28, 2022

Mourning Sickness! Shedding The Old Version of Yourself For The New!

Personal growth means leaving your old self behind. In 2022, we refer to personal growth as 'leveling up!' In biblical terms, the new self is what God so desperately wants us to transform into. My own journey to my new self has been in the works for years. My parents have always encouraged my brothers, sisters and I to make mistakes, heal and grow in the areas that needed extra attention. It was not until I became an adult and started living on my own that I gained a sense of independence that would come with hardships and pain. In order to heal from the trauma that we all experience throughout life, we must find a way to acknowledge that it happened. We then have to take the necessary steps to work through, heal and be a light for the next person in pain. That is exactly what I want to do with my story and testimony. So many people are still hurting from things that happened to them years ago. Some people just cannot move past the pain. 

So, I would like to give you guys some tips on what I did to overcome the painful things I have been through in order to get to the new 'healed' version of myself! 

1. I pray without ceasing.

2. I seek out therapy.

3. I have had a consistent church home for about 6 years now.

4. I have walked into my calling.

5. I remain positive.

6. I speak life.

7. I take care of myself.

8. I eat a balanced diet.

9. I keep my mind fresh by reading and writing every single day.

10. I surround myself with people who love, cherish and want the absolute best for me.

11. I challenge myself.

12. I have as much FUN and LAUGH as much as I possibly can!

No comments:

Post a Comment