Monday, March 6, 2023

Word of The Month for March: RESOURCEFUL!

Happy Motivational Monday, love muffin! LOL!!

I hope you are out there thriving your socks off today! It's the 1st Monday of March! I have been in just this state of extreme gratitude and pure joy since the beginning of this year! I am just so thankful for my journey. With a lot of patience and prayer, I have come to understand that the most difficult times in my life have been the most valuable to my current state of mind! I am from a very small and rural area in Southwest Virginia. It is very hard to find opportunities there. After teaching for a few years, God led me back to that area to really hone in on and focus on doing some healing. I moved back home in June of 2016 and lived there until January 2020! While trying to make a life in Big Stone Gap, VA, I created a series of extremely good habits for myself. I worked out (lost 50 pounds) finished my Masters degree in Curriculum and Teaching, started reading more, went to the library everyday, learned some new skills and most importantly; deepened my relationship with God! It was just a series of being extremely disciplined and obedient. I learned how to FIGHT! 

This month, the word that has continuously been on my mind is RESOURCEFUL! I learned how to become extremely resourceful during my 4 year stint in Virginia. God sent me there because it is an extremely slower paced lifestyle so I could really focus on my health, finances and spiritual life. I had to create opportunities for myself. There were no staffing agencies there. At one point, I was getting dressed and was literally passing out my resume to different businesses. I was getting passed up for jobs left and right. I substitute taught all of the time. That was one job I knew I could land every time. I took myself out of my comfort zone and worked for Quickbooks for nearly 2 years! It was extremely difficult there. BUT God!

These days, I am so grateful for my perseverance and bravery! I am not afraid of a challenge. I STAY ready for opportunities and I really have come to understand the need for strength in the mundane! It is literally everything to me. Life is so unpredictable and it is so important to remain humble and vigilant. I love my journey and hope it inspires you to become resourceful in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment