Monday, October 25, 2021

Where Do I Get My Inspiration?

Lately, it seems like inspiration has been coming at me in every direction. The world has been in such a state of vulnerability since the COVID pandemic started in early 2020. Being a survivor of COVID I have been looking for inspiration ever since my positive diagnosis. Gratefully, God brought me through that very difficult time in my life better and stronger than ever. My relationship with God has gotten more dire since recovering from this illness. Through that experience, I learned what’s really important in life and what I need to be giving my time, love and attention to. So many people have passed away from this disease and the numbers of fatalities are still rising everyday. I take my ability to resurrect my writing ability as inspiration and an answer to many of the prayers I prayed while battling COVID. I get to inspire people by writing about issues concerning the world around us on a weekly basis. Since surviving this illness, I had the inspiration to make my blog public after 7 years of inactivity. I’ve opened it to the public and I’m getting a plethora of positive feedback. I get to polish my writing skills in hopes to one day make writing a professional career!

I come from a legacy of extremely hard workers. My mother was the first African American female coal miner in Southwest Virginia. It was an incredibly difficult and grueling job for a woman. She was so good at her job that she was able to do it for 20 years. Her and my father sacrificed so much for me to have the life I live. They both taught me to have self respect and to use my voice. Other lessons were to keep God first and that nothing comes easy in life. Although I had a very non conventional childhood, my parents made sure I had what I needed to thrive in life. My brothers and sisters were also a source of inspiration for me growing up. From a very young age my two brothers had a dream of playing in the National Football League (NFL.) They are three years apart and one of them happens to be my twin. With discipline, strong work ethic and perseverance, they both made their dreams a reality. Together, their football careers lasted for 19 years. 

So, what about you? How do you find inspiration to pursue your dreams in life? The thing about dreams is that no one is too big. God has placed at the center and core of all of our beings gifts and talents. Everyone has something they are really good at. It is our job to find out what they are. Here are 5 tips on how you can find the motivation to finding your talent and pursuing your dreams!

1. Reach out to a job coach.

2. Find a hobby that you enjoy.

3. Teach someone else how to do something. Tap into your role as a leader.

4. Find out what you enjoy doing that you would do for free everyday. That’s your passion.

5. Ask yourself and really spend some time thinking about what you have overcome in your life! Overcoming life’s obstacles is a big motivator and will inspire you to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment