Monday, January 23, 2023

I Got You 'COVERED!'

Happy Motivational Monday, Love!

It's January 23 and this month is about to roll on out of here!

I thought it was time to introduce my 'word' of the year. At the beginning of 2022, I began a tradition of letting God lead me to a word that I would lean on or would sort of be my 'anthem' for the entire year. Last year, that word was 'Prepared!' This year, its 'Covered!' Last year, I stepped back into the classroom for the first time in 6 years! I taught 5th grade Writing. It was extremely difficult to teach my students during a pandemic. They had already been through so much with 2 or 3 teacher changes prior to my arrival. We had a blast! I was met with so much resistance at the beginning of 2022 but after awhile, my kiddos opened up to me. There were lots of discipline problems and they had a very difficult time trusting and opening up to me at our initial meeting. BUT God!!! I asked God to lead me and I prayed for him to cover my students. And he did just that! I was 'prepared' last year and this year, I am asking him to 'Cover' me while I embark on the journey of writing a memoir! At times, I am terrified. There is a new level of vulnerability and honesty that I have to have and there is so much that I want to highlight and talk about in my life. God and I are taking it one day at a time. I know that my testimony will change lives! 

I am leaning on the scripture, 'Isaiah 41:10'.. Fear not, for I am with you! I will strengthen you, I will help you. I will hold you up with my righteous hand!

My hope for sharing this with you is to let you know that, it is okay to be unsure of the unknown. We all have doubts at one point or another. But the objective, through God's love and protection, is not to stay doubtful! If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again! (Shout out to, Aaliyah!) I have had the idea of writing a memoir about my life for at least 10 years, and finally began writing in 2021! It is NEVER too late to go after your dream and change the trajectory of your life. You are not too much of anything. NOT too old, NOT too inexperienced, NOT too anything! It just takes faith and daily action! God has got you 'COVERED' love!

Time Stamp: 4:30AM 

Monday #041

No comments:

Post a Comment